Sally Waumsley - Equestrian Manager and Coach
|Sally first came to Barrow Farm as a 16 year old on a training scheme. She successfully finished her training and left to further her career. In 1999 Barrow Farm was looking for a new member of staff and Sally returned. Sally is now equestrian manager and also takes lessons.|
Clare Skinner - Coach
|Clare was volunteer for many years before joining the staff in 2008. Clare teaches on the lessons, works on the yard with Sally and spends a lot of the time exercising the ponies, ensuring they go out and have some fun. Clare has been involved in getting a number of riders through their ASDAN awards.|
Jo Rush - Coach
|Jo has a strong equestrian background, she has BHS coaching qualifications as well as being an experienced driver. Jo currently works Monday and Wednesday.|
Lauren Micklem - Coach
|Lauren has taught riding for a number of years but was new to RDA when she arrived at Barrow Farm. She is now a Group Coach.|
Lainey Palmer - Groom/Trainee Driving Coach
|Lainey was a work based student at Barrow Farm. She works on the yard with Sally and Clare and is involved in exercising the horses and ponies. Lainey passed her BHS Horse Care and Knowledge Stage 2 in April 2017 and also has experience driving.|
Lucy Armstrong - Administrator
|Lucy works in the office and she is the person to contact if you have any queries about ride fees, volunteering, sponsor a pony but can deal with any questions you might have.
Putting our aims into action
Barrow Farm RDA is lucky to have exceptionally dedicated and well trained staff. The expertise they have between them is impressive:
- Staff and volunteer coaches hold UK Coaching Certificate qualifications specialising in Riding for the Disabled. Sally, Clare, Anne and Isobel hold the level 2 coaching certificates and are what RDA call Green coaches, meaning that they are qualified to coach at other RDA groups as well as Barrow Farm.
- Sally and Clare both have their RDA Coach Certificate.
- Jo and Lauren have been assessed as an RDA Coaches at Barrow Farm RDA.
- All are reviewed coaching regularly by the Riding for the Disabled Association and attend regular training days.
- Sally is a regional showjumping coach and is an NVQ Equine Assessor.
- Anne is a UKCC equine coach educator and also holds RDA driving qualifications.
- The staff also hold British Horse Society qualifications or are working towards them.
- All staff regularly complete Safeguarding training.
- All staff are trained in First Aid.
- Staff regularly compete in local competitions and are involved with the ongoing training of the horses and ponies.
In addition Barrow Farm is approved and regularly checked by the following organisations:
- The Riding for the Disabled Association Incorporating Driving
- The British Horse Society
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The Local Authority Licensing Department.
We enjoy excellent relationships with local schools and colleges and act as a work placement for work-based learning students and Duke of Edinburgh volunteers.