Sally Waumsley - Equestrian Manager and Coach
|Sally first came to Barrow Farm as a 16 year old on a training scheme. She successfully finished her training and left to further her career. In 1999 Barrow Farm was looking for a new member of staff and Sally returned. Sally is now equestrian manager and she coaches both riding and driving.
Livvy Nixon - Assistant Equestrian Manager and Coach
|Livvy holds her Coach in Complete Horsemanship (Stage 3) from the British Horse society and has spent 4 years training and coaching at a large riding school in London. Livvy has been volunteering at Barrow Farm since she was 12 and is an RDA Group Coach.
Emily Power - Coach
|Emily started as a Saturday volunteer. Following completing her A levels Emily spent a year working with us. Emily is currently at university studying physiotherapy and coaches on a Saturday.
Nicky Goddard - Groom and Coach
|Nicky has volunteered at various times at Barrow Farm since the 1980's. She started working for Barrow Farm in February 2022.
Molly Joy - Groom
|Molly, is an animal science graduate, who joined us in September 2021 on the Kickstart program. Having spent the summer away she has come back to join the team in October 2022.
Rebecca Batson - Yard Assistant
|Rebecca started at Barrow Farm as a student completing first an equine management and then an animal care qualification. She currently works 3 days a week for us as she further develops her skills.
Lucy Armstrong - Business Manager
|Lucy works in the office and she is the person to contact if you have any queries about ride fees, volunteering, sponsor a pony but can deal with any questions you might have.
Anne Mitchell - Riding and Driving Coach
|Anne and her family started Barrow Farm and she has worked (and now volunteered) with the group since it started in 1976. She holds a huge variety of equine qualifications and is a both a Riding and Driving Coach.
Isobel Gowers - Riding Coach
|Isobel has been volunteering since she was 12 and became a Group Coach at Barrow Farm in 2004. Since then she has completed further RDA coaching qualifications to enhance her coaching.
Putting our aims into action
Barrow Farm RDA is lucky to have exceptionally dedicated and well trained staff. The expertise they have between them is impressive:
- Sally, Anne and Isobel hold the level 2 coaching certificates and are what RDA call Coaches, meaning that they are qualified to coach at other RDA groups as well as Barrow Farm.
- Sally holds the RDA Coach Certificate and Sally and Isobel are RDA Advanced Coaches.
- Livvy, Jo and Emily have been assessed as an RDA Group Coaches.
- All are reviewed coaching regularly by the Riding for the Disabled Association and attend regular training days.
- Sally is a regional show jumping rep and county coach.
- Anne is regional equine advisor and carriage driving rep.
- Anne and Sally are coach educators
- Anne, Jo and Sally also hold RDA carriage driving qualifications.
- The staff and coaches also hold a variety of British Horse Society qualifications.
- All staff and coaches regularly complete Safeguarding training.
- All staff and coaches are trained in First Aid.
- Staff regularly compete in local competitions and are involved with the ongoing training of the horses and ponies.
In addition Barrow Farm is approved and regularly checked by the following organisations:
- The Riding for the Disabled Association Incorporating Driving
- The British Horse Society
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The Local Authority Licensing Department.
We enjoy excellent relationships with local schools and colleges and act as a work placement for work-based learning students and Duke of Edinburgh volunteers.