Sally Waumsley - Equestrian Manager and Coach
|Sally first came to Barrow Farm as a 16 year old on a training scheme. She successfully finished her training and left to further her career. In 1999 Barrow Farm was looking for a new member of staff and Sally returned. Sally is now yard manager and also takes lessons. One of her main responsibilities is the manage the training of students on the yard.|
Clare Skinner - Coach
|Clare was volunteer for many years before joining the staff in 2008. Clare teaches on the lessons, works on the yard with Sally and spends a lot of the time exercising the ponies, ensuring they go out and have some fun. Clare has been involved in getting a number of riders through their ASDAN awards.|
Kath Hatwell - Coach
|Kath works as a coach on a Thursday at Barrow Farm. Kath's main focus is teaching. She has been instrumental in promoting ASDAN and also collating paperwork for Clubmark Accreditation.|
Jo Rush - Coach
|Jo has a strong equestrian background, she has BHS coaching qualifications as well as being an experienced driver. Jo currently works Monday and Wednesday.|
Lauren Godwin - Trainee Coach
|Lauren started as a groom at Barrow Farm but is now training to be an RDA coach.|
Lucy Goodwin - Groom-
|Lucy completed her level 1 and 2 workbased learning at Barrow Farm before returning to assist on the yard. Lucy work on Wednesday and Sunday.|
Lainey Palmer - Groom/Trainee Driving Coach-
|Lainey was a worked based student at Barrow Farm. She works on the yard with Sally and Clare and is involved in exercising the horses and ponies. Lainey passed her BHS Horse Care and Knowledge Stage 2 in April 2017 and also has experience driving.|
Putting our aims into action
Barrow Farm RDA is lucky to have exceptionally dedicated and well trained staff. The expertise they have between them is impressive:
- Staff hold UK Coaching Certificate qualifications specialising in Riding for the Disabled. Sally and Clare hold level 2 and Kath holds level 3.
- Sally and Clare both have their RDA Coach Certificate.
- Jo has been assessed as an RDA Coach at Barrow Farm RDA.
- All are assessed regularly by the Riding for the Disabled Association and attend regular training days.
- Sally is a regional showjumping coach and is an NVQ Equine Assessor.
- Anne is a UKCC equine coach educator and also holds RDA driving qualifications.
- The staff also hold British Horse Society qualifications or are working towards them.
- All staff regularly complete Safeguarding training.
- All staff are trained in First Aid.
- Staff regularly compete in local competitions and are involved with the ongoing training of the horses and ponies.
In addition Barrow Farm is approved and regularly checked by the following organisations:
- The Riding for the Disabled Association Incorporating Driving
- The British Horse Society
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The Local Authority Licensing Department.
We strive to continually improve and have achieved Clubmark Sports accreditation. We enjoy excellent relationships with local schools and colleges and act as a work placement for work-based learning students and Duke of Edinburgh volunteers.